Our technical team is comprised mainly of metalurgical engineers, carrying out basic controls such as NDT (FPI, MPI, Radioscopy), Metalographic Inspections, Mechanical Tests (Spectrometric Analysis, Impact Test, Tensile Test), and Microstructure analysis.
Results are reported to customers either per their specific standards, or by the EN 10204 3.1 standard.
- Our Metrology Laboratory is equipped with CMM, Profile Projector,Surface Roughness Control device and other measurement devices.
- Control measurements are carried out in all steps of production. Special gauges and fixtures developed for production control are utilized to achieve the best results in the shortest duration.
The tolerance values specific to Investment Casting are given in the below tables.
D: Stands for Steel, Nickel, Cooper and Cobalt based alloys.
A: Stands for Aluminum and Magnesium alloys.
T: Stands for Titanium based alloys.
Precision Level 1 : Applies for all untoleranced dimensions
Precision Level 2 : Applies for all toleranced dimensions
|TABLE 1 - LINEAR TOLERANCES (MM)|
|Nominal Dimension Range (MM)||D1||D2||A1||A2|
|up to 6||0.30||0.24||0.30||0.24|
|over 6 up to 10||0.36||0.28||0.36||0.28|
|over 10 up to 18||0.44||0.34||0.44||0.34|
|over 18 up to 30||0.52||0.40||0.52||0.40|
|over 30 up to 50||0.80||0.62||0.80||0.62|
|over 50 up to 80||0.90||0.74||0.90||0.74|
|over 80 up to 120||1.10||0.88||1.10||0.88|
|over 120 up to 180||1.60||1.30||1.60||1.30|
|over 180 up to 250||2.40||1.90||1.90||1.50|
|over 250 up to 315||2.60||2.20||2.60||2.20|
|over 315 up to 400||3.60||2.80||2.80||2.40|
|over 400 up to 500||4.00||3.20||3.20||2.60|
|over 500 up to 630||5.40||4.40||4.40||3.40|
|over 630 up to 800||6.20||5.00||5.00||4.00|
|over 800 up to 1000||7.20||5.60||4.60|
|over 1000 up to 1250||6.60|
|TABLE 2 - HOLE TOLERANCES (Ø or D )|
|Dimensions (d) (mm)||Through ( I )||Blind ( t )|
|2 to 4||≈ 1 x d||≈ 0,6 x d|
|over 4 up to 6||≈ 2 x d||≈ 1 x d|
|over 6 up to 10||≈ 3 x d||≈ 1,6 x d|
|over 10||≈ 4 x d||≈ 2 x d|
|TABLE 3 - GEOMETRICAL TOLERANCES|
|SURFACE QUALITY||Material Group D (Steel)||Materiaal Group A (Aluminum)|
|Surface Standards||Cla (µinch) / Ra (µm)||Cla (µinch) / Ra (µm)|
|N 8||125 / 3,2||125 / 3,2|
|N 9||250 / 6,3||250 / 6,3|
NDT / Non Destructive Testing Laboratories
Surface Defects Detection (FPI, MPI)
- We have 2 engineers certified Level-II according to EN 473. One of them is certified in 5 methods (RT, PT, MT, UT, VT) and the other is certified in 4 methods (RT, PT, MT, VT).
- We also have one staff Level-II according to NAS 410, for the Penetrant Testing.
Radioscopy Laboratory (RT + CT)
- Radioscopy tests are carried out by our NAS410 certified staff, according to ASTM E 1742 / M / 12 standard. Our device has 5-axis versatility, and also CT (Computer Tomography) capability.
- Testing is based on SAE AMS-2175 standard and evaluations are through ASTM E 155 and ASTM E 192 reference radiographs catalogue.
- Through the radioscopy system, X-ray analysis is carried out, and the relevant reports are generated, which are then relayed to customers (including the test images) digitally.
- Our staff has completed the NAS 410 Level-II trainings.
- Samples prepared for microstructure analysis are carefully evaluated under the microscope, and the customer required reports are prepared and relayed.
- The grain-size, inclusions, other microstructure components are examined through the CLEMEX software.
The utilized devices are:
- Sample cutting device
- Mounting device
- Sample grinding & polishing device
Spectrometric Analysis Laboratory:
Through the Spectrometric Analysis application, the percentage content of all elements are determined. The spectrometer carries out Chemical Composition Analysis of Fe-Cu-Al-Ni-Co based alloys, details are given below:
- Alloyed and non-alloyed steels
- Cast iron
- Aluminum-based alloys
- Copper-based alloys
- Stainless steel alloys
- Tool steel alloys
- High Mn steel alloys
- Nickel-based alloys
- Coballt-based alloys
Mechanical Testing Laboratory:
- Impact Inderntation Testing is carried out on samples where specified notches (V/U) have been created.
- Tests based on BS EN 10045-1 ve ISO 9854-1-2 standards are carried out.
- The tensile and yield strength and elongation values of samples are determined.
- The hardness testing of samples are carried out with respect to Brinell and Rockwell hardness measurement units.